<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Grovel-O-Matic 


You guys may have already seen this, but in case you haven’t.

In other news, the ax fell in my office yesterday, and once again I escaped its terrible toll. A handful of people in our California offices were let go due to weak backlog. I hate this shit. The fear in my office is palpable, and when HR shows up, as they did yesterday morning, the fear turns to panic. "Who’s it gonna be?" I started looking around my workspace, mentally packing up my personal stuff.

A large part of the fear is thinking about the indignity of the actual layoff -- the embarrassment. "Well, it’s been nice working with you guys."

I can breathe a sigh of relief for now, but I’m pretty sure there’s a list. And if there is, you can bet I’m on it -- hopefully not too close to the top, or the bottom, or wherever the fuck they start.

Fuckin’ A.

|