<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 07, 2006

Happy Friday 


A scan of my favorite blogs yielded nothing I care to comment on. I’ve been tempted to get into the Lieberman –Lamont battle, but Atrios, Kos, and others have it covered.

Another thought that has been kicking around my noggin: Is anyone seriously pinning hope on elections 2006 and 2008? It boggles my mind that anyone still has any faith in the Democratic establishment. Just how much cowardice, cluelessness, and staggering incompetence do the Dems have to demonstrate? Take California, for example, a gigantic political / economic / electoral powerhouse — shit, it’s a god damn country. And look who’s leading the Democratic battle against Arnold: an invisible man, a stiff, a poster boy for bureaucratic blandness, a sure loser, a fucking gift to BushCo. You don’t think this disaster-in-the-making is representative of the national Democratic “strategy”? Am I missing something here? Is there a crop of progressive, charismatic Democrats poised for electoral success in 2006 and 2008 that I’m not aware of? Is there a grassroots Democratic movement, flying under the radar, that is going to rise up and reclaim the country from the corporo-theocratic juggernaut. If so, they had better get on the radar or else we’re fucked for another decade or more.

|