<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Robbed 


Fitzmas pretty much sucked.

It was like coming down on Christmas morning and getting clothes and books instead of cool toys.

Let’s face it, Rove won.

BushCo won.

Again.

Fitzgerald had two years to nail these fuckers, and all he got was Libby.

Libby.

Yes, Libby is a major player to those of us who live in Blogland. But to the overwhelming majority of this country, he is a “White House aide.”

This single indictment is eminently spinnable for the White House and its media lackeys. That's the absurd world we're living in.

Sure, Rove may not be totally off the hook, and Fitzgerald may get these bastards yet. But another month, six months, year, or two years of theorizing and speculation on how the jig is going to come up for BushCo sounds like hell to me.

Oh, that's right. I'm supposed to be patient.

Am I going to be asked to remain patient when these fucking pigs are into the seventh year of office?

God dammit, this was supposed to be the Big Blow.

I don’t know about you, but Fitzmas morning felt a hell of alot like the day after election 2004 to me — a kick in the gut, followed by nauseating despair.

I don’t have much more to say. Except this:

I don’t want to hear anymore bullshit about a White House “in crisis” or a Presidency “rocked by scandal.”

The last time I checked, these guys are still squatting firmly in the Oval Office. They probably celebrated Fitzmas as a huge victory, given what could have and should have happened. They’re probably laughing their asses off.

Rocked by scandal, indeed.

They're fucking bulletproof.

(Note: This post may be overly pessimistic. Fitzgerald may in fact deliver the goods. But I’ll believe it when I see it, and not a second before.)

|