<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 26, 2005

Not Even Close to Being Convinced 




Here’s why:

Clark is a creation of the U.S. military-industrial complex, the fucking scourge of the planet. Can that really be denied? Enough of the stealth bombers, troop deployments, and strategic target talk. Makes me sick. And angry. It’s time to create a Department of Peace. No more fucking warriors. I don’t give a fuck if that doesn’t sound pragmatic. No more fucking warriors.

I don’t want to base my allegiance on the high probability that this authentic war hero could beat the shit out of AWOL Bush. Is that why I’m supposed to support Clark? Simply because he can out-macho Bush in the Red States? Not good enough. No sale.

Clark chunked it in the primaries. Sure, he is an extremely intelligent and capable dude, but politics requires a different skill set than the world of NATO. Is he cut out for the White House? (And no, don’t use the Bush standard. We need to aim a bit higher than that).

I just don’t know about this Clark fellow. There’s something creepy underneath the surface. A massive ego? A potential political blunderer? Who’s on his political team? What are his corporate allegiances? Is this man a progressive? I don’t think so. Clark appears to be a product of the mainstream Washington establishment. My tolerance for that class has long since expired.

Last, and correct me if I’m wrong here, but Clark’s plan for Iraq sounds like warmed-over Kerry rhetoric. “I can stay in Iraq better.” Fuck that shit. I don’t want Kerry with eagles on his chest. We need to get the fuck out of Iraq.

With all that extreme skepticism off my chest, I’m going to really look into Clark and keep my mind as open as possible to him. But just remember. Talk is cheap. Every aspirant to power talks sweet when in need of your vote.

|