<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Downing Street Memo: D.O.A. 


Isn’t it pathetic how many of us still believe that revelations of impeachable actions by BushCo might actually bring the bastards down? Funny how that works. Our minds are still trained to make logical assumptions and connections despite the fact that the rational world has long since passed. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I know this sounds facetious, but I am dead serious.

Do not make the error of applying historical analogies or earlier standards of justice to the New Reality. Everything that happened before means nothing.

Here’s a small example. The Nixon administration was brought down by dogged investigative reporting and a functioning system of checks and balances.

These features of American life are now dead.

I think it’s time to envision an alternative way of living. If I had any good sense, I would chuck my TV, move to a beautiful and remote area with my wife and cats, and just try to make the most out of my life despite the fact that my country is over. Time is a wastin.'

Okay, now that I’ve bummed everyone out, allow the Rude Pundit to cheer you up.

|