<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 11, 2005

Of Cajun Country and Dead Wizards 




There’s much, much more to N’ahlins than the perpetual state of spring break that is Bourbon Street – namely the inescapable sense of history, the architectural delights, the rich musical heritage, the incredible Cajun and Creole cuisine, and so much more. But I thought this picture captured the essence of our trip, which always seemed to gravitate back to the nonstop street party that is the French Quarter. If you haven’t been to the Big Easy, I highly recommend you make a trip there at least once in your life. Just be prepared to gorge yourself on some of the most fattening and delicious foods you could ever imagine — crawfish etouffee, deep fried oysters, po’ boy sandwiches, red beans and rice, sugar coated-beignets, etc., etc. Seriously, the food, the music, and the partying just kicked our asses. It was a damn good time for the missus and me.

But back to business.

While I wasn’t monitoring the blogs during my vacation, I was reading the paper and watching the news. From what I gathered, last week was non-stop dead-Pope-apalooza.

Revolting.

I’ll probably offend some Catholic/Christian readers here, so I’ll be brief. And anyway, it’s my blog, so I’ll say whatever I damn well please. But if you are a partisan of the Wizard, you may just want to skip the rest of this post.

In my existence, there is no such thing as Holy, and there sure as fuck ‘aint no Holy persons or institutions — like the protection racket for child rapists (i.e., the Catholic Church) claims to be.

So, accordingly, I don’t recognize religious “authority” or mourn the passing of its practitioners. The robed sorcerers of the Catholic Church that claim to be our gatekeepers to the realm of the Great Cloud Being--with their goblets of blood, their wafers of flesh, and the various and sundry spells and talismans with which they poison our world--hold no magic power over me. In fact, they deeply offend me. I wish they would go away to the great dustbin of history and take their vengeful god with them. Oh yes, and they should take with them the scum-sucking Republicans that have cynically attached themselves to the dead Wizard for their own political purposes.

And don’t tell me I’m going to hell.

I’m already there.

Update: Too funny! A remix!

|