<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Another Milestone 


Ladies and gentleman, we have an authentic Troll from Wingnutistan.

Now, try to be civil. Jihad Jimmy was cordial enough to offer genuine congratulations to me on my one-year blogiversary. He is deeply misguided, in my opinion, but I think he seeks lively right vs. left banter.

(You see, Jimmy, we are quite fucking angry that this cabal of oil-drenched, pig-fucking, homophobic, war-criminal theocrats has seized power in this country by convincing just enough gullible kool-aid guzzling evangelicals and redneck asstards that they are doing the Lord’s work. Of course, it helps that they have a large assist from the Republican Media, a gigantic elephant in the room that you have apparently missed. I just don't want some of the more abrasive lads that come around here to scare you away. We need a troll here.

Anyway, I welcome your comments, so I hope you won't be too offended when I say that the "Gonzo" Republican schtick you attempt on your blog is flat-out ridiculous. Understand this: It is NEVER hip or rebellious to be a Republican. Or a racist. Or a homophobe. Or a theocrat? Dick Cheney is not a countercultural icon; he is the reason countercultures exist. There are no Hunter Thompsons of the right. Remember, Dennis Miller has already tried and failed the “Neocon as Rebel” bit.

That all said, I’m glad you’re here. The door is always open. Tell your friends.)

Jimmy also comments here and here.

Update: Jimmy and his knuckledragging ilk don’t like freeway blogging.

Mission accomplished.

|