<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I Don’t Do Optimism Anymore 


Okay, I’m slightly drunk and stoned, so this may come off as kinda stupid, redundant, defeatist, whatever…but I think what sets this blog apart from the others (at least the ones I’ve seen) is that it has shed all expressions of hope.

I long ago ditched the mindset that a good sharp hit to the stern of the SS BushCo might bring her down.

BushCo is not just an executive administration; it is a deeply entrenched cultural beast that transcends the purely political realm.

BushCo is your America.

The next time you drive to work, do this: count how many vehicles DON’T have ribbons.

This puppy isn’t anywhere near going away.

What? Tom Delay is gonna be the straw?

So, while I appreciate posts like this and this, I don’t get all giddy and optimistic after reading them.

After four-plus years, I know better.

|