<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Soon We’ll Know 


Excluding the very real possibility of Republican-orchestrated election fraud, we should know by Wednesday morning whether rationality, morality, justice, and decency triumphs over corruption, ignorance, totalitarian religiosity, and blind stupidity.

A rather odd work assignment has given me a lot of time to think about the past four years, how they’ve affected me personally, how much anguish I have suffered that this country has just gone to hell under the reign of Republican swine. Jesus, what a colossal embarrassment of history we’ve become. Can our democracy ever be recovered?

Anyway, back to my introspection.

I’m done for now.

I will not let these bastards take any more of my life. I’ve had enough anger, enough screaming at the television, enough agonizing over the fact that roughly half or more of this country’s population are fucking imbeciles.

Democracy and democratic crusades are predicated on a belief in the wisdom of the people, and let’s just say that there is a severe wisdom deficit in this country.

I have no desire to try to convince idiots to not be idiots.

I have a life to live.

This country will get what it deserves.

My next post will come when we have a new President elect. I think it will be my last.

If there is any cosmic justice in this universe, it will be a post of joy.

|