<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

Hello From Palm Springs 




Land of opulent resorts, sparkling swimming pools, world-class golf courses, and hordes of white, obscenely rich, sunbaked, leathery Republicans.

I feel right at home.

Oh, but there are some black and brown folks here, too. They are are referred to as "the help."

It's very quaint.

My sister and I are down here visiting mom--who it should be stressed is not an obscenely rich, leathery Republican. Quite to the contrary, my very liberal mother HATES Bush with every fiber. She still can't believe we have a president who says "nookular."

Neither can I.

Anyway, I'm reading the paper and watching the "news," but in the interest of spending quality time with mom, I'm gonna resist surfing and blogging.

Not that there's not a ton of stuff to talk about. It appears that we're now in 24/7 butt-cheek-clenching terror alert mode. So what if the terror information is three years old. MSGOP told me not to listen to that crazy Howard Dean, and I 'aint gonna.

I'm going swimming.

Maybe later I'll get into it with some BushCo-suckling prune.

Have a great weekend!

|