<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Potpourri  


I’m pretty busy and rather scatterbrained today, so this late post will be kind of a stream-of-consciousness grab bag.

I thought Edwards was very good but not great last night. He looked kinda nervous. I suppose I’d be shitting my drawers if I had to give such a cosmically important speech, so I’m not gonna harp on him for being a little shaky. Shit, I even gave Bush a break the other day by not posting this. See, I'm a compassionate conser--....

Oh, and the talking heads who are covering the Convention for CNN, MSNBC, and FAUX are a collection of corporate, careerist, RNC-talking-point-spewing clowns. I guess this is where I’m supposed to provide corroborating evidence of this. I don’t have time right now. If you have cable, just tune in to the pre-and post-game coverage. Set your stopwatch and time how long it takes one of these hacks to break out some thinly disguised shot at Kerry, Edwards, or liberalism itself. It’s flat-out disgusting how subservient these shills are to their corporate-conservative masters. Just watch.

Also, I’ve added a new link to the First Reads section on your right. I have found that the Latest Breaking News forum on Democratic Underground is an excellent source for important breaking stories. I check it several times a day, so I thought you might find it useful as well. If you want to get right to the really hot stories, just check for the posts with numbers of replies (on the far right column) or post icons that are on fire (on the far left column).

Last but not least. I’d love to see more comments on the posts here. It would sure liven up this blog. You don’t have to include your email address to post comments. You don’t even have to include your name; you can come up with an alias. C'mon, chime in! Tell your right wing cousin to come aboard and give me some flak. I really appreciate those of you who do comment. I'd like to know if more than five people are reading this blog.

Okay, back to work. Let’s hope Kerry hits one out of the park tonight!

|