<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

Meeting of the Minds 




Last night my friends Jessica and Brad hosted a MoveOn.org house party to show the excellent new documentary exposé of FOX News, “Outfoxed.”

This was the first political house party I had ever attended, and I now realize what I've been missing. What a cool gathering this was! What a pleasure to meet and discuss politics, media, and activism with like-minded progressive people in my community. I think everyone in attendance felt the same way. Of course, there was plenty of venting about Bush, which was undoubtedly a great release for everyone.

A highlight of the party was the MoveOn-sponsored nationwide conference call to discuss FOX, the state-corporate media machine in general, and opportunities for progressive media activism. Al Franken was on the call and provided some FOX anecdotes that were both hilarious and infuriating. Very cool!

If you’ve been considering attending or hosting a house party, I strongly recommend doing so. MoveOn and the Kerry Campaign will be organizing more of these events as we approach the election. Aside from their political value, these parties are damn fun!

If you’re one of the attendees from last night’s party, welcome to my blog. I hope you become a daily visitor. You’ll definitely want to check out the excellent blogs and political sites listed on the right side of the screen. And please don’t hesitate to comment on the postings here. I’ll provide info and updates on local events. I look forward to seeing you all again.

Thanks to Brad and Jessica for hosting the party!

Steve

|