<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Stickin' Up For the Common Man 


I’m stickin’ it to BushCo all over town. And, boy, does it feel great.

Here are some of the messages I’ve been leaving in public restrooms, bus stops, dumpsters, gas stations, gym lockers, supermarket shelves, etc.

WORST PRESIDENT EVER

WAR-PROFITEERING AND TORTURE ARE NOT AMERICAN

DICK CHENEY LAUGH$ HIMSELF TO $LEEP

FOX "NEWS" IS IGNORANCE

SAUDI AMERICA

DUBYA M D

GEORGE W. BULLSHIT

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO. WAKE UP. DEFEAT BUSH

There is great satisfaction in leaving these stickers in public places.

I’ve gotten pretty good at stealth placement. This morning, after pulling a jug of orange juice from the supermarket cooler, I left this message among the price tags:

BUSH LIES SOLDIERS DIE

Some recommendations:

Don’t use permanent labels. That is vandalism. Not cool. I’m using address labels that can be pealed off fairly easily. The point is to have one or more individuals see your message. This sounds like a little, but it can mean a lot. Also, many who see the sticker will not take the effort to remove it. It could stay up for hours.

Don’t put stickers on cars. Again, vandalism.

Don't insult your audience. This will have an opposite effect. For example, I considered making a sticker that read "BushCo Thrives on Your Ignornace." I reconsidered and changed it to "BushCo Thrives on Ignornace." The point is to make people think, not to strengthen their allegience to BushCo. Of course, unswayable Bushbots will just get pissed off when they see these stickers, and that's a good thing.

Be stealth about it. This is half the fun. After pealing the sticker from its backing, “palm” it until no one is watching, then stick it quickly.

Be aware of cameras. Last night I placed a sticker on a gas pump. If the station wanted to pursue it, they could check the video from the security camera and see yours truly placing the sticker. But again, these are not permanent stickers. Removing them is a minor annoyance.

After printing a sheet of labels, I cut it up into individual labels. I keep a supply in my glove compartment and in my pocket. You never know when an opportunity to stick it to BushCo will arise.

Give it a try!

If you want a label template with the messages listed above and more, just let me know in the comments box below and I’ll email it to you. Of course, you can use the template to make your own messages.

The world is dominated by corporate messages. This is one way to get a dissenting viewpoint into the public realm.

Stick it to BushCo!

|