<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Berg 


I watched the video of the beheading of Nicholas Berg yesterday. Gruesome and terrifying are words that only begin to describe it. I will not post the link here, and I don’t recommend that anyone watch this thing.

I did get into an interesting debate with a regular SmithAntics commenter, who argued that I should post the link to the video so people could see the tragic reality of the occupation of Iraq. While I could see the point of his argument, I held to my position that I would not make this site the conduit for that horrid video. In fact, the main reason I watched the video was to atone for sending the link to said commenter in the first place. I think I wanted him to watch it for me and then report back with the gory details. I’m sure morbid curiosity played a large part in my decision to watch it as well.

In any case, there is something fishy about the Berg incident. A number of questions have yet to be answered. Digby has a good post about it.

|